The strongest, most successful brands have a consistent message that encapsulates what the brand stands for, its promise and the expected customer experience. Your brand message should ‘show and tell’ your customers who you are through your brand story, and what defines your company—what you stand for and why you’re different, as well as what they can expect when they interact with your brand. They should be able to experience ‘what your brand stands for’ in a real tangible sense, as part of the brand experience.
Actions speak louder than words, so your brand will only be successful if you give your customers a compelling reason to buy through your brands mission, vision, values, promise and so forth. Your brand values and promise, the reasons ‘why’ you do what you do, must be a fully ‘livable experience’ within everything in your business both internally and externally from a customer perspective.
Developing a strong foundation for your brand is vital to the planning and execution of your successful brand strategy.
Consider these important points:
- What are the needs or problems of your customers?
- How does your brand fulfill those needs or solve those problems?
- What values and qualities are important to your brand and your primary customer?
- What type of experience do you want associated with your brand?
- How will your brand enhance your primary customer’s life
- Does it make their lives easier?
- How will your brand make your customers feel? What do you want them to feel?
Note: People buy with emotion (regardless of gender) and justify with rational so you need to tap into their emotional needs as much as their rational needs if you want your brand to be successful. In evaluating these attributes, amongst others, you need to ensure your brand message is clear, authentic, relevant, and unique.
1. Evaluate and Develop Your Brand Message
2. Define your Brand Vision
3. Get Your Employees Involved
4. Research and Develop an Intimate Knowledge of Your Customers
5. Evaluate, Benchmark and Rate Your Competition
6. Review Your Brand Concept for Usefulness
7. Design a Distinctive Brand Identity
8. Let Your Passions Shine referral for brand success.
9. Develop and Commit to Your Brand Promise – and Never Break it
10. Maintain Your Brand Consistency